With count-on dependability, our tubular heaters deliver exceptional performance. These industrial heaters can quickly transfer heat to liquids, gases and solids. The tubular heater utilizes conduction, convection and radiant methods for immersion and air heating. It comes in a range of shapes – from circular to triangular. The models are often custom formed to accommodate specific applications.
Common Types of Tubular Heating Elements
Common tubular heaters include:
- Single Ended
- Double Ended
- Metric Tubular Sheathed
- Metric Diameter Monotubular
- Thin Blade Heaters
- High Temperature Modular Hopper Heaters
- Mini-Tubular Heaters
- Specialty and Custom Shaped
There are several tubular heaters provided by the Watlow team that might be helpful for you. These include:
- High-Temperature Tubular Heaters: This is the right heater for you if you are trying to heat the surrounding air to a high temperature.
- Milled Groove Tubular Heater: This is a heater that you can use for hot runner mold applications.
- Multicoil Heaters: This is a heater that has been designed with multiple thermocouples and coils. Everything has been put together into single sheets, making it easier to install.
- Watrod Tubular Heaters: This is the ideal heater if you need to conduct immersion heating or air heating. It can fit just about any application.
- Firebar Single and Double Ended Tubular Heaters: This tubular heater features a unique geometry because the surface is completely flat. That way, you can pack more power and a shorter element, helping you save space without sacrificing power.
If you have questions about which of these heaters is right for you, you may want to reach out to an expert who can assist you.
Tempco Tubular Heaters
You may also want to take a look at a few of the tubular heaters provided by Tempco as well. These include:
- Finned Tubular Heaters: These heaters are right if you are trying to heat forced or free convective air to a low or medium temperature.
- Traditional Tubular Heaters: These are the most versatile options available. They are widely used in numerous commercial, industrial, and scientific applications. They can also be designed to meet your specific needs.
- Tubular Heaters for a Hot Runner Manifold: These are heaters that feature a unique shape. They can include wire or threaded stud leads.
Clearly, you have multiple options available if you are trying to find the right tubular heater for your purposes. You should work with an expert who can help you find the perfect option to meet your needs. Our team is always standing by to help you find the right heating application for your purposes.
Tubular Heater Sheath Options
Tubular heating elements offer a full scope of durable sheath options, with the resistance wire protected by industrial-grade materials, as well as magnesium oxide insulation. These elements can be selected based on high-temperature capabilities, watt densities, terminations and voltages.
Heat Transfer Materials
Superior materials allow for efficient heat transfers to the medium that is being heated. The heating element materials are specially tailored to the specific application. Optimal heating outcomes are achieved with the right tubular heater from Hi-Watt, Inc.
Industrial Tubular Heaters in Compact Designs
Long-life industrial tubular heaters are available in a range of diameters. They feature single or double ends made of industrial-grade materials. High-temperature or standard models come with a variety of mounting and termination options. This type of electric heater meets compact spacing requirements. When using these heaters for industrial processing, heat output can be accurately controlled. The heating units from the top thermal innovators are simple to install and easy to maintain. Let us help you find the right heating products for your critical applications. From tubular, band heaters, electric duct heaters, strip heaters, rod heaters to industrial infrared heaters, we have the solutions every sector needs. We are leading Watlow distributors, Chromalox distributors and carry many Watlow heaters, Chromalox heaters, Tempco heaters and more. Call us to order your custom or stock industrial heater today.
Easy bending To put heat where it is needed, tubular elements can be formed to fit most requirements. GLO-QUARTZ® can form tubular elements to your exact specifications. Nickel Chromium Resistance Wire 80% nickel, 20% chromium alloy resistance wire is the heart of the tubular element. This wire must meet strict GLO-QUARTZ® and internationally recognized standards. MgO Insulation Magnesium oxide insulation is carefully selected to give the best transfer of heat from resistance wire to element sheath. This allows the resistor wire to operate at the lowest possible temperature. The MgO must meet rigid GLO-QUARTZ® specifications. Choice of Sheath Material A selection of sheath material is available to meet an unlimited variety of applications. Standard sheath materials are Incoloy®, Types 304 and 316 stainless steel, copper and titanium. Long-Life Tubular heaters are designed for long life and will outlast other tubular elements in a given application. Proper application assures long life. Consult with one of our applications engineers for assistance.
Speak with an expert
Over last 8 years we have addressed 95% of inside sales quoting requests within 3 hours.