Advantages of Hot Runner Systems
Using a hot runner system offers some significant benefits over a cold runner system. These are the most noteworthy:
- The cycle time is shorter because there is no runner controlling the colling time.
- It is easier to start the cycle because there is no runner removal.
- The system can be designed more flexibly because there is greater control.
- The melt flow is more balanced thanks to the heated manifolds.
- The product is of higher quality with fewer sink marks and under-filled parts.
Hot Runner Controllers
In these systems, hot runner temperature controllers are control systems that continuously monitor the temperature of the assembly components. The systems can be controlled entirely centrally be a mainframe or used localized control modules to provide real-time, dedicated management of the hot runner assemblies.
Acting as the brain of the system, the hot runner temperature controller ensures even heating that is always within the ideal thresholds. The system brings each component up to the setpoint temperature gradually. This process helps to protect the various parts of the hot runner assembly. It also assists with drying the mold contents.
Hi Watt Inc. produces extremely user-friendly control modules that offer industry-leading reliability. Our controllers feature highly capable microprocessors that efficiently manage the heating elements of the system. Additionally, they have easy-to-use digital displays for straightforward access to system data.
The Importance of Effective Hot Runner Temperature Controllers
Although a hot runner system could operate in a “dumb” arrangement without a dedicated temperature controller, using a top-quality module is worth the investment. These are some of the advantages of using a Hi Watt Inc. temperature controller in your system:
• Better Quality Product: Consistent temperature in the molds can help to ensure that the plastic is kept at the ideal temperature throughout the injection molding process. Furthermore, when components are heated gradually, the system can achieve more even heat distribution. This is essential for producing the best quality product.
- More Productive Molds: Hot runner systems with temperature controllers can operate with minimal operator intervention. Furthermore, they can be kept within the most productive temperature ranges. This translates to more mold uptime and productivity.
- Reduced Scrap: Fewer defects in the product means less scrap. Additionally, optimized hot runners use plastic as efficiently as possible.
- Simplified Maintenance: Consistent temperatures ensure that wear is carefully managed. There is also a reduced likelihood of clogging.
These advantages translate to bottom-line performance for your injection molding equipment. The return on investment from Hi Watt Inc. equipment is unbeatable.
Hi Watt Inc. controllers are best supported by our purpose-designed cables. These establish a secure and efficient connection between the controller and the rest of the system.
Additionally, these cables are designed to handle the unique rigors and requirements of injection molding systems. Our cables and other accessories are the keys to getting the best performance from your hot runner temperature controllers.
View Hot Runner Cables